Snort mailing list archives

RE: Can Snort monitor multiple VLANs?

From: "Escudero, Peter Louis" <peterlouis.escudero () eds com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:01:42 -0400

Thanks for the input, Peter. Sorry I can't help you with Barnyard. One of
the Cisco switches we can't capture alerts from is GigE. Does that matter?
The Dell PE750 has 2 onboard GigE NICs. Should we hook up one of them to the
Cisco GigE switch then, & have snort sniff on that interface? We, too, have
multiple instances of snort running. Please advise. Thanks again.

Peter Escudero

  _____