Snort mailing list archives

CPU usage!

From: mahboobeh soleimani <mah_soleimani () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 07:01:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there.

I recently have installed Snort and ACID on a system which its specifications are listed bellow:
 1. 512 M RAM
2. 100 GIG hard disk (IDE)
3. CPU 2.40GHz

and when I try to bring ACID up for the first time the CPU usage of system goes to more than 90% and on the other hand
when I send a request (by using ACID) the CPU usage of my system goes to more that 90% too.
I installed Snort and ACID and database all on this system and no more server I am using (something like DB server).
Sensor sniffs at most 3 Mbit/sec (by using a monitor port) and I use mysql for saving the alerts in a database. Do you
think my problem is due to the hardware which I am using?

thanks in advance.

M.S.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile