Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: SnortALog error

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:17:13 -0400

Patterson, Mike wrote:

I have taken my original binary snort log and converted to a tcpdump text file (thanks to the assistance of a few nice
guys in this group) using the following command:

      tcpdump -r snort.log > syslog-like.log

However, when I try to analyze the file with the SnortALog tool using the following command, I get the error "No
correct logs found.":

      cat syslog-like.log | ./snortalog.pl -r -n 30

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!

As I said before this isn't going to help you:

If it's a tcpdump format packet capture, you read it with tcpdump -r or
snort -r, but this won't help you as the file doesn't contain the alerts
you need, it's just a log of the offending packets.