Snort mailing list archives

RE: Winsnort help needed!

From: Peter Rodger <prodger2008 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:28:10 -0700 (PDT)

Please see below the snort.conf and base config:

Here is the snort.conf output config:

# database: log to a variety of databases
# ---------------------------------------
# See the README.database file for more information
about configuring
# and using this plugin.
#
# output database: log, mysql, user=root password=test
dbname=db host=localhost
# output database: alert, postgresql, user=snort
dbname=snort
# output database: log, odbc, user=snort dbname=snort
# output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort
password=test
output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort
password=10gg3r
output database: alert, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort
password=10gg3r
# output database: log, oracle, dbname=snort
user=snort password=test

Here is the base output config:

 *  output plugin configuration.
 */
$alert_dbname   = "snort";
$alert_host     = "localhost";
$alert_port     = "";
$alert_user     = "base";
$alert_password = "111111";

/* Archive DB connection parameters */
$archive_dbname   = "archive";
$archive_host     = "localhost";
$archive_port     = "";
$archive_user     = "base";
$archive_password = "111111";

Let me know what I did wrong.  I am so overwhelming
with it.

Thanks,

Peter

--- "Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs () suny edu> wrote:
Have you uncommented to appropriate output database:
 statement in
snort.conf?