Snort mailing list archives

RE: Troubleshoot Snort Sensor Agent on RedHat9

From: "Snort" <Snort () InterCept Net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:45:14 -0400

Just to help clarify, Snort is only an agent, there is no console by the
makers of snort. There are consoles that use Snort in their name such as
SnortCenter (http://users.pandora.be/larc/index.html), Aanval,
IDSCenter, etc. To help understand your problem, which console are you
using and/or its web link. Most of the problem people have with setting
up snort, is getting it to report to the database and pulling the data
out of the DB. Your error message looks like the "console" is pulling
down updates, since curl is like a command line file grabber (similar to
wget). Also post the ip address and port it is trying to access if its
not your own internal address, and if so just post the port...

Thanks,
Michael Brown,