Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort ports?

From: "Escudero, Peter Louis" <peterlouis.escudero () eds com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:25:48 -0500

Thanks a lot. You've been very helpful.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Melson [mailto:psmelson () comcast net]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 2:08 PM
To: Escudero, Peter Louis; snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort ports?

Assuming the MySQL database is on the ACID console, just one line:

permit tcp host [sensor address] host [ACID console address] eq 3306

This will allow the sensor to make the connection to MySQL, which is all
it needs to do.  Of course, if this is an inside/outside scenario, you
might consider a different method of deploying your sensor so that the
MySQL flow is not traversing an untrusted network.

PaulM