Snort mailing list archives

RE: Rules Question

From: "Roy Kidder" <rkidder () safelite net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:41:02 -0500

Even when using the -o flag, I still get alerts on many things. For example,

pass udp 192.168.1.33 any -> any 161

still generates alerts for 'SNMP request udp'

and neither sfscan nor a rules like:

pass ip  192.168.1.5/32 any -> any 80
pass tcp 192.168.1.5/32 any -> any 80

stop the '(portscan) Open Port' alerts for regular web browsing.

Anyone have any suggestions?