Snort mailing list archives

snort and clarckconnect gatway

From: "Thomas Debost" <thomas () debost net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:13:51 -0000 (GMT)

hi,

Snort pinpointed a weird (i think) behaviour.

My CC gateway periodically pings my ADSL router. this small network being
obviously considered as outside, snort raises an alert for each ICMP
packet. This is quite annoying as it is basically false alarm (isn't it?).

multiple solutions now:

1. add the network composed of the router and the external gateway to the
HOME_NETWORK.

2. comment out the correct signatures in /et/snort/icmp-info.rules.

3. block ICMP packets between the router and the gateway.

which one would be your favourite ?

Thanks

Tomdeb