Snort mailing list archives

RE: help with interpreting log

From: "Bob Konigsberg" <bobkberg () networkeval com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:20:32 -0800

This is fairly normal (read ignore) for hotmail, and a number of other
sites.  What it refers to is the use of %20 type encoding for some
characters - then embedded in other encoding.

If all you're seeing is the client traffic - meaning that YOU don't have the
server, then don't worry.  At least that's been my experience.  I used to
get floods of these things.

Bob