Snort mailing list archives

Re: Remote sensor startup issue.

From: "mdpeters" <michael.peters () lazarusalliance com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:12:58 -0500

Are you suggesting that a remote Snort sensor can not send alerts to a central Snort MySQL system? It seems to me that all I need to do is resolve the startup malfunction. It logs just fine when I manually fire the remote sensor up.

I have no experience with Barnyard. Would I run a MySQL database on the sensor and use Barnyard to send alerts to the central system?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leon Ward" <leon () countersnipe com>