Snort mailing list archives

odd problems with 2.3rc2

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:12:51 +1300

Just after posting this note I noticed some other oddities in my snort
alerts (as displayed from the database) that made me suspicious about
the database integrity.  I have started a new clean database and have
been running for an hour or so without any of these extraneous alerts.

I now believe that the database corruption was coincidental with
installation of RC2, sigh...

About the same time as I installed RC2 I deleted ('by hand') a couple of
old entries in the sensors table.  I can't see how this would have
caused the problem but it seems to have.

Cheers, Russell.
HI Folks,
        Not sure if this should go here or in the developers list???

[russell@hihi snort]$ snort -V

  o"  )~   Version 2.3.0RC2 (Build 9)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team:
http://www.snort.org/team.html
           (C) Copyright 1998-2004 Sourcefire Inc, et al.

Gotta luv that pig!!  :)