Snort mailing list archives

Hardware Specs

From: Steve Baker <sfb911 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:57:42 -0500

Hey guys,

I'm, in the process of specing out a machine to handle streams from 3
(possibly scalable to 6) 100 mb connections with no plans to upgrade
to gigE at any point in the near future.

We're not really pushing anywhere close to the limit on any of these
links at the moment, but in the event of an attack or something, i'd
like to not drop a TON of packets if possible.

I have the ability to go with a server class machine, probably a dell....

If anyone has any suggestions/experience with this, let me know what
you used and how it worked out.

Thanks