Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort 2.3

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:52:55 -0800 (PST)

Ha! If you don't have time to "patch manually" you
don't have time to try and "trim down" a distro. The
point is you don't need to patch and you don't need
any newer OS, especially if you're just going to "trim
it down" anyways. Besides, those OSes you mentioned
aren't going to trim down very much, what with all
that gui and junk that comes with it. Many people here
probably don't patch their Snort boxes at all. I
don't. It has ACL'd access per host, I don't need to
worry about patching every other day and wondering,
"Now what options did I last compile that with?" !!
"Oh now everything's broke!...etc"

Cheese!

Marc

--- "Harper, Patrick" <Patrick.Harper () phns com> wrote:

I just have a problem running a system that no one
is doing patches for.  A lot of new distros can be
trimmed down just as well as 7.X could be. You can
patch manually but I personally do not have that
kind of time.