Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Basica Help on tuning signatures

From: <adamk () computer org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:33:30 -0800

There are a few ways to do it, the easiest is one of the following:
1. You can disable groups of rules in snort.conf by commenting out (#) the
relevant line -
Ex: include $RULE_PATH/nntp.rules -> #include $RULE_PATH/nntp.rules
- OR -
2. You can comment out specific rules located in the rules directory, i.e.
if you're running IIS and want to disable WebDAV rules, comment out the
relevant WebDAV signatures.

Keep in mind that defining variables in your snort.conf file is an effective
method of tuning the policy.

Good luck
~ adam