Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort 2.2.0] Rules won't trigger

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:57:06 +0100

Yes, I agree with this fully. However, the innevitable question remains,
how to remedy those in the future as well as how to test the sigs
reliably? Tools creating testcode from the signatures should consider
the situation we had to cope with. I am happy to say that my need on
signatures is between 80-150 so in the worst case one could delegate the
testing to an apprentice - but those are not always reliable as well ;)

Edin