Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT 2.3.0 Logging to Windows XP event logs

From: "Senthil Prabu.S" <prabu333 () hotpop com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:43:20 +0530

snort -E -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf
I am get the following error message:
Can not get write access to logging directory "log". (dorectory doesn't exist or permissions are set incorrectly or it
is not a directory at all)
Hi,
    It means,you have not created the /var/log/snort directory. This directory should be created before starting snort.
So that all log and alerts get stored there for your reference.

Does anyone know why this is happening...am I doing something wrong or do I need to change a setting.

Just create the /var/log/snort directory. Check for it's permissions.
Now start your snort. It will work fine.

Hopes this helps,

--
Senthil Prabu.S