Snort mailing list archives

Re: 2.3RC2, inline, faq?

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:18:32 -0600

Are you trying to drop permissions or chroot the snort process?  what
command line parameters are you starting snort with?  what does your
snort.conf look like?

Regards,

Will

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:11:15 -0800 (PST), slesru <slesru () yahoo com> wrote:

--- Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com> wrote:

Is this a bridge or a NAT firewall?  Is ip_queue
dieing? What kernel?
What version of linux?

Sorry, I do not know terminology good enough.
I don't use nat and don't use bridge (i.e. brX).
I want to use inline-enabled snort on default gateway
(i.e. router) in corporate network.
For now I want to start it on my desktop ( I used it
as gateway for another box).
I don't see ip_queue error messages in log, so I think
all is OK.
Kernel is 2.6.5 (compiled from Suse 9.1 sources),
distrubution is Mandrake 9.2/AMD64...

Thank you!

Regards,

Will

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 03:09:42 -0800 (PST), slesru