Snort mailing list archives

RE: problem with snort documentation: reference keyword url explanation wrong?

From: "Lee Clemens" <snort () leeclemens net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:49:16 -0500

I'm confused as to why you think it suggests writing it this way
"reference:url,http://www.somesite.com";.

The table shows URL prefixes that are added via the specific reference codes
(bugtraq, cve, etc...). It shows "url" as adding the prefix "http://";, so
that you would write "url," instead of "http://";

That page does, however, provide an (outdated) incorrect link to
"http://www.snort.org/snort-db/"; which no longer seems to work...