Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort and Mysql for statistics purposes

From: "Snort" <Snort () InterCept Net>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:11:12 -0500

That won't give you what you are looking for... you need ntop for that...
http://www.ntop.org/

I run it on all my firewalls to do just what your looking for, except it doesn't do attacks. If your looking for
network trends (top users, top websites, network load, top ports, etc etc) then ntop, if your looking for top attack
data (ports, destination/src ip, etc etc,) then definitely use snort/mysql.

Btw, ntop can also input to mysql.... then you get best of both worlds...

Michael