Snort mailing list archives

RE: [SPAM] - Snort not logging all packets - Email found in subject

From: sEc nErD <umkcguy1978 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:26:54 -0800 (PST)

here's the cpu info

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2996.236
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse
sse2 ss ht tm pbe pni monitor ds_cpl cid
bogomips        : 5931.00
processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2996.236
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse
sse2 ss ht tm pbe pni monitor ds_cpl cid
bogomips        : 5980.16

Marc Hering <mhering () reval com> wrote:
Logging in /var/log/messages????  YOu may not want to do that. I log in /var/log/sensorname/snort/    Also is your NIC
card working ok?   and what machine specs?