Snort mailing list archives

Re: Linktype 113 not decoded

From: "Paul Schmehl" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:31:46 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Roesch" <roesch () sourcefire com>
To: "BALDWIN, BILL (SBCSI)" <wb7192 () sbc com>
Cc: <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Linktype 113 not decoded

Hi Bill,

Here's a quick and dirty patch that you can apply to Barnyard that'll
add SLL support to its decoder.  if you patch the barnyard code set
with this and then try to reprocess your unified files it'll probably
work.  Let me know what you find.  I don't have any SLL unified files
to test with, so this compiles but hasn't been operationally tested...

Since I'm the FreeBSD port maintainer for barnyard, hopefully you'll be kind enough to answer a couple of questions.

1) Is development of barnyard ongoing? There hasn't been any activity on the devel list in three months. (If so, any anticipated release date for the next minor rev?)

A completely unrelated snort question as well. Are there any plans to fold the patch used by sguil into the spp_portscan.c code? (ISTM you're completely revamping the portscan code instead.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member