Snort mailing list archives

Re: threshold.conf questions

From: Jeremy Hewlett <jh () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:43:35 -0500

On Sun, Nov 28, Guillermo Calvo wrote:
   1  - Can I use snort.conf variables in  threshold.conf ? I'm my test I
   couldn't

This isn't something you can do yet; this feature is slated for 2.4.

   2  -  Can  I  suppress a rule for all src ip but just with a especific
   port, how?

   something  like  "suppress  gen_id  1,  sig_id  1394, track by_src, ip
   0.0.0.0:6667 ?

Currently we've been working on adding src/dst pairs with IP lists for
2.4. Adding ports into the mix is lower on the todo list, but something
we'll keep it in mind. Thanks!