Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple NICs in a Linux box and Snort

From: Bennett Todd <bet () rahul net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:49:30 +0000

2004-11-19T19:18:38 Glenn Bailey:
I just did this yesterday .. Easy on a Fedora Coree box:

# modprobe bonding
# ifconfig bond0 up
# ifenslave bond0 eth1
# ifenslave bond0 eth2
# snort -i bond0

That just bonds the 2 eth interfaces to one .. Then run Snort
against it ..

_Excellent_! I've not been working with Fedoras, didn't know how new
the bonding driver there was. Propogating promisc from the bond0
interface down to the underlying eth* NICs was adding since I last
played with it, and it sounds like they've cleaned up the whinging
from ifenslave on unnumbered interfaces.

Thanks for the followup. This is such nice news.

-Bennett