Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and Postgress

From: James Riden <j.riden () massey ac nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:26:08 +1300

"Jeff Stout" <jstout () cctus com> writes:

I have not thoroughly dug through the documentation yet,
I was wondering if postgres 7.4.x is supported with
Snort, I see numerous references to MySQL but nothing
so far for postgres.

Does anyone have any experience installing and using
postgress for the database with snort.

Yep, got it running here. There's a little bit of postgresql specific
config, but other than that you just need to change the database type
in snort.conf (and acid, or base's config files if appropriate.)

I migrated from mySQL to postgres I'm afraid, so I don't have a
complete install procedure. I think I just googled for "postgresql
ACID snort" or something like that.

Postgres optimisations for ACID:

http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/acid_faq.html#faq_b9

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden () massey ac nz / Systems Security Engineer