Snort mailing list archives

Re: IPV6 support

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:55:27 -0500

At 12:33 AM 11/15/2004, prabu wrote:
Hi List,
I have been playing with Snort for quit sometime.Can anyone clear me whether snort supports IPV6 or not?.If so,will it able to analysis IPV6 packets.If so,plz tell me clearily.

No.  Not yet.

Back in August Marty posted this on snort-devel:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-devel&m=109159101527919&w=2

I'd really not expect any stable support for IPv6 until at least q1 2005, maybe not even until q2.