Snort mailing list archives

Error with Acid

From: sam wun <sam.wun () authtec net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:49:45 +0800

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why I got the following error:

*Error (p)connecting to DB : *snort@localhost:3306

Check the DB connection variables in /acid_conf.php/

= $alert_dbname : MySQL database name where the alerts are stored = $alert_host : host where the database is stored
              = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
              = $alert_user     : username into the database
              = $alert_password : password for the username
*Database ERROR:*Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

There is no mysql.sock in the /tmp directory.

The mysql server setup with the following /usr/local/etc/my.cnf file:
[client]
#password       = your_password
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock

# Here follows entries for some specific programs

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
key_buffer = 256M
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_cache = 256
sort_buffer_size = 1M
read_buffer_size = 1M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
thread_cache = 8
query_cache_size= 16M
# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
thread_concurrency = 8

Thanks
Sam