Snort mailing list archives

RE: Barnyard Question

From: "M. Shirk" <shirkdog_linux () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:16:01 -0500

From: Graxius <graxius () gmail com>
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] Barnyard Question
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:33:55 -0600

You are missing some options in the configure.

Lets say you installed mysql into /usr/local/mysql
then the following should work to configure barnyard

./configure --enable-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/includes/mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql

I compiled mysql from source, and this what I had to do to get it work.

However, as Alex Butcher pointed out to me, stick to the OS packages of database software if possible. This will help with environment and path issues.

Shirkdog