Snort mailing list archives

Re: Visio for data modeling (Visio connecting to MySQL)

From: Theodore Stout <theodorestout () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 04:37:49 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah that is kind of what I wanted.

Basically, my customer has have low skills.
Therefore, they want to have reports in a manner they
can understand, Visio and Excel.

 I just found out from Sourcefire that their
management server can create files which can be
imported into Excel.  I know from Excel I can easily
use Visio to create a network map with icons showing
detailed information.  This will make my customer
happy and will help me sell more boxes.

Thanks for all your help!  You have made a life a lot
easier now.

Theo

--- "Alex Butcher, ISC/ISYS"
<Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk> wrote:

--On 27 October 2004 12:21 -0400 Jacques Brierre
<jbrierre () Lanier com>
wrote:

A few days ago someone had requested info re:
Visio connecting to MySQL.
Apparently it can be done, insome way. Here is a
link:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6330_11-1039355-2.html

The original question appeared to be regarding using
the data that Snort
captures and stores in a <MySQL|PgSQL|Oracle|MS-SQL>
database to create
/network/ diagrams (presumably showing IP links as
arcs on a graph with
hosts as nodes), not diagrams of the database
schema.

Presumably something like
<http://www.securesphere.net/html/projects_idsp.php>
or
<<http://scanmap3d.sourceforge.net/> was what the OP
had in mind (but using
Visio).

jacques brierre

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher: Security & Integrity, Personal
Computer Systems Group

Sybase ASE Linux Express Edition - download now for
FREE
LinuxWorld Reader's Choice Award Winner for best
database on Linux.