Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-mysql, ted database

From: Tim Slighter <tslighter () itc nrcs usda gov>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:38:31 -0600

On occasion something similar to this will happen on our systems. It usually resolves down to some syntax anomaly (not a syntax error) in the snort.conf file like the use of custom variables or thresholds. At least that is the only time I have seen this happen over here. Perhaps try a very basic or stripped down conf file renamed to test.conf and then issue 'snort -c test.conf -i eth1 -T', and see if the error takes place, start adding subsequent lines from your snort.conf file into the test.conf file and keep testing until the error takes place. That should provide you with a starting point for your analysis.

Winfield Henry wrote:
Hello,
I am wondering what the "ted" database reference to when I issue ctl-C to snort-mysql?
To quote the consol:

database:Closing connection to database "ted"
Snort exiting

This is not the database name that is logging alerts. As a matter of fact there is no 'ted' database on the system.

Thanks.