Snort mailing list archives

Snort user needs HELP!

From: "Jake Locy" <nachtfrau () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:50:07 +0000

Hello fellow snort users,

My name is Jake and I am new to the Snort world. And of course when you get someone knew, they always have atleast 1 or 2 problems. Well I have a problem lol. Ok his the situtation. Running Win XP Pro. Installed the lastest versions of Snort, it's rules, and WinPcap. Read the book "Snort for Dummies" and followed it to the T on how to setup the snort.config file. Yet here's the problem. When in the command prompt and in the snort directory "snort/bin" and type the snort -v command to run it in sniffer mode, it says this: "The procedure entry point PacketGetNetInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library packet.dll." Obviously something is missing, can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong? And what I have to do to fix the problem. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me out. Been banging my head againsts the table for a week now lol. Thanks again everyone and hope you can help me. Have a good Christmas!