Snort mailing list archives

Re: FW: Snort Acid/Base PHP 5 Windows question

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:05:48 -0400

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 21:35, Gasper, Rick wrote:
More info (If anyone cares)

OS windows 2003

Php 5.02

MYSQL verion 4.021

I used the article at www.winsnort.com titled: Installing a complete
IDS using IIS 5/6 Webserver

My problem is that I get slow performance from Acid OR Base. It takes
a long time for the web page to load.  I used those pieces because
they were listed in the article available here:
http://www.winsnort.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=9

I installed Base because ACID doesn’t seem to be supported.

I used the latest software where ever I could. I read the several
articles about mysql support being pulled in PHP 5 and saw that the
support is now done with extensions. I tried everything I could find
and decided to ask if anyone has done this.

Rick

Hi-

I am the lead developer on the BASE project and am glad to see you tried
it... I am not sure why you are getting slow response but I will try to
get a set up that looks like your and see if the problem reproduces
itself.  I am not sure how long that will take but shouldn't be too
long.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!