Snort mailing list archives

Snort 2.2 + mysql

From: Stef <stefmit () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:30:16 -0600

I am sorry for bugging the list for - possibly - a trivial question,
but my frustration reached unbelilevable levels: I have used snort
before, since way back in the day, on all non-Windows platforms
possible, and I have had no problems logging to mysql for direct use
of ACID, or - more recently - for barnyard + sguil. Last time I used
it was 2.1.3, and last night I just decided to use 2.2. On both MacOSX
and Linux, no matter how many ways I present the .configure option
with --with-mysql (with full path of directories, or none - as mysql
is in /usr/include, anyway), when I am running the 2.2. version I get
back the "dreaded":

"database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g., rpm,
or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary
'mysql' support.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB install."

- as I said before - both under Linux and MacOSX!!!

I have never had this problem before, always using (on the same
platforms), until 2.1.3, the same compilation options, but now - "dead
stick"!

The snort-2.2.0/configure.log shows absolutely no errors, either.

Any ideas?