Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems finding gen_id sig_id

From: Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken () pandora be>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:10:37 +0100

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:06:25 -0500
sekure <sekure () gmail com> wrote:

Yep, openaanval currently makes no differentiation betweend gen_id's,
i filed a bug in their support forum.

In the meantime, http_inspect gen_id is 119, the sig_id for
IIS Unicode is 6
Double Decoding is 1
Apache Whitespace is 11

(from preprocessors/HttpInspect/include/hi_eo_events.h)

After changing snort.conf  (enabling threshold.conf) and placing following lines in  threshold.conf
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 6, track by_dst, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 1, track by_dst, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 11, track by_dst, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
restarting snort, barnyard
i still see these "warnings" in openaanval.

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:42:09 +0100, Patrick Marquetecken