Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help with windows XP pro

From: Paul Martin <pmartin () hgvc com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:55:57 -0400

chnetpass - http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Basically, it boots into a customized linux shell that allows you to blank out the administrator's password. It can be set up on a floppy (~1MB), or a CDROM (~2MB). When the XP system comes back up, it will (should) run chkdsk, and then you can log in as administrator with no pass. It's saved my hide a couple of times.

Paul Martin
Network Technician
Hilton Grand Vacations Co.
(407) 393-3034
pmartin () hgvc com

Mario Guerendo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am running a non domain machine using XP pro.  I have 3 user accts,
One is the default admin with a pwd set that cannot be changed, I DO NOT
REMEMBER THAT PASSWORD.
The other is my personal user acct that also has admin access on the
machine, unfortunately I set the password by accident to expire at next log
on and also selected the option "cannot change password".  I cannot log on
using either accts. I have to use the guest acct to log on but I cannot change the properties of
the admin accts using that id.  Anyone has a suggestion?

Thx.

Mario.