Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Install on Debain

From: Andreas <andreas () inferno nadir org>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:07:17 +0200

Hello,

On Saturday 21 August 2004 03:28, sEc nErD wrote:
My next project is installing snort on debian,what i
would like to do is have everything installed like the
Acid Console too.
If anybody can get me starting would be a big help.
tILL now what i ahv done is used apt-get snort install
thatz it..how can i check whther the package has come
with acid or not am not too sure and confused if
anybody could gimmee a good pointer.

If you had done an apt-cache search snort before installing
you had seen, that acidlab comes with its own package.
You have to use snort-mysql with acidlab.
In /usr/share/doc/{snort,acidlab} you will find documentation
about setting up the database.
Because snort in debian stable is a bit outdated you may consider
compiling it yourself from source, which goes straightforward.
Hope that helps.

regards,

Andreas