Snort mailing list archives

Many Events in new SNORT box

From: "Postiglione, Jon " <Jon.Postiglione () providencehospitals com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:24:35 -0400

Hello,

I just recently configure and new snort box and before I could setup the
events that I wanted to keep and the ones I wanted to delete I had over
5 million events (We run a really chatty network). Well, anyway I need
to delete all of the events in SNORT but it will not let me because
there are too many off them (it times out). I do not know much about
MySQL or SNORT, is there an easy way to delete all of the events
(besides rebuilding the box)?

Thanks from a NewBie!

Regards,

Jon Postiglione

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used
only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number
listed.