Snort mailing list archives

Re: error

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:36:06 -0400

Looks like your gcc doesn't know how to interpret __func__ calls (which are supposed to return the name of the function that the program is currently in). If you're not opposed to getting rid of some error messages, you could just comment out the lines that use the __func__ call.

Let me see if I can find a better solution for you. Upgrading your gcc installation might help too...

From http://elias.rhi.hi.is/gcc/gcc_124.html#SEC124

" Note that these semantics are deprecated, and that GCC 3.2 will handle __FUNCTION__ and __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ the same way as __func__. __func__ is defined by the ISO standard C99:

The identifier __func__ is implicitly declared by the translator
as if, immediately following the opening brace of each function
definition, the declaration

static const char __func__[] = "function-name";"

Which version of gcc are you using?

     -Marty