Snort mailing list archives

RE: BPF filters for the intimidated

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:32:00 -0500

I didn't realize bpf filters could use tcpdump-type input. *That* I can already do.

--On Friday, July 23, 2004 03:18:05 PM -0400 Jeff Dell <jdell () activeworx com> wrote:

I don't know of a tutorial, but you can read about BPF (Berkeley Packet
Filter) on the TCPDump man page at:
http://www.tcpdump.org/tcpdump_man.html

You will quickly see that there is really no need to know hex unless you
are doing some complex filtering...

Cheers,
Jeff