Snort mailing list archives

Re: Smb output

From: Michael Sconzo <msconzo () tamu edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:53:59 -0500

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:22:40AM +0300, Nerijus Krukauskas wrote:

  Smb alerting would be soooo sloooow, that snort would start
dropping packets very soon and very fast.

sekure wrote:
The changelog says only this:

"2003-10-20  Chris Green  <cmg () sourcefire com>
    * configure.in:
      - removed smb alerting since it should be moved to barnyard
"

Whether or not it was actually moved to barnyard, I don't know.

Yup, it's slow and I have no idea if it was moved to barnyard, but
I have something that does this... if anybody is interested just
shoot me an email.

--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.