Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: Network Behaviour Anomoly Detection

From: "Lawrence Reed" <Lawrence.Reed () noaa gov>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:35:03 +0000

Bamm Visscher wrote:

I think barnyard can read the file via dp_stream_stat, but AFAIK,
there are no output plugins that can do anything with the data (yet). I think Marty meant to imply that you would need to write that
portion.

I have a chunk of code to do just that. It was written some time ago for BY 0.1.0. Spits out the stream stats in a csv format, similar to alert_csv output.

If anyone is interested I'll clean it up for BY 0.2.0 and post it.

Bammkkkk

--
Larry Reed  Lawrence.Reed () noaa gov
NOAA IT Security Office