Snort mailing list archives

RE: Urgent..please... Help: Php4.3.3 installation on RH9

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 05:41:03 -0500

Wow, 3 e-mails in 2 hours.  You did not pay for a support contract, be
patient, people will help when they are able.  People do this because they
like snort and enjoy helping others but many do get upset when they are
bombarded by someone that has little patience.

As for your problem.   You typo'd, seen it hundreds of times.  rm -rf /www
then start at the apache install portion again.  BUT RH 9 is no longer
supported.  Move to fedora http://fedora.redhat.com I have an updated
install doc on my website (there is a link to the page in the doc you are
using)  Try that.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light the
damn thing yourself!"