Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: Barnyard not inserting on ACID tables in MySQL, just regular

From: Pedro Fortuna <pedro.fortuna () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:00:21 +0100

Hello again Dirk,

 You're right! I configured barnyard with the blank sb, removed the
"sensor_id" keyword, restarted barnyard, loaded ACID page, and there
they were, all the alerts I've have since I configured snort with
unified output module.

mmm.... another thing ... Currently i'm using this command to start barnyard:
$BARNYARD_PATH/barnyard -D -w barn.waldo -c /etc/snort/barnyard.conf
            -g /etc/snort/gen-msg.map -s /etc/snort/sid-msg.map -f snort.log

To get thinks well done, i guess I could add a couple of switches.
Do you recommend adding -n and -a ? I don't want barnyard duplicating
database entries between restarts.... exactly how barnyard handles
this?

Thanks for your prompt and wise answers :)
Pedro Fortuna