Snort mailing list archives

Re: mysql on another box?

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: 01 Sep 2004 00:27:40 +0200

El mar, 31 de 08 de 2004 a las 16:28, Larry Wichman escribió:
I am trying to get snort to log to another box that has MySQL on it
and the box that has Snort does not have MYSQL. It does not seem to be
logging to it. I get the following error when  I start Snort w/ snort
-c /etc/snort/snort.conf:

Initializing rule chains...

database: compiled support for ( )

database: configured to use mysql

database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

This is telling you that the binary of snort you have doesn't have
the code to connect to the mysql database, that's the problem.
Go to snort.org and download a binary with support for mysql or
get the sources and compile it with that support.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.