Snort mailing list archives

Re: About virus.rules

From: Michael Sconzo <msconzo () tamu edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:53:58 -0500

No, actually... it's because you're worthless... hehe  ;)

My worst fear has come true *cry*. :)

So basically, remove virus.rules or trim it to only to those that also
spread through the network (hybrids), but create and maintain a
worm.rules file.

Similiar to what we do around here at TAMU for the 40+ snort boxes
we have out in the wild.  I figued it would be a benefit to most
people (especially .edu's) that are trying to be good 'net neighbors
to everybody else, due to the nature of our user base.

I try to monitor the snort-sigs list and a few other places to try
and keep up with worm rules, due to problems they cause around here.
Figured it might be a good way to help give back...but oh well.

I still wouldn't mind doing it offically or unoffically ...

-=Mike

--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.