Snort mailing list archives

http_decode unknown preprocessor fatal error

From: Alessandro Fiorenzi <fiorenzi () tiscali it>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:09:13 +0200

Hi, I am using Snort 2.1.2 but when i start snort I get this error:
/ERROR:  unknown preprocessor "À¸È    _decode"
Fatal Error, Quitting../

I have notice that the problem could be the http_decode; I am using the defualt standard snort.conf with /preprocessor http_decode: 80 unicode iis_alt_unicode double_encode iis_flip_slash full_whitespace
/
If I remove this option snort starts, but without http_decode.

The sistem is Fedora core1 fully update

Someone have had the same problem?

Thanks
Fiorenzi A.