Snort mailing list archives

Re: HTTP Protocol Analysis

From: Sonika Malhotra <sonikam () magnum barc ernet in>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:54:14 +0530

The /etc/hosts file of the proxy-server consist of 2 entries

1. loopback-ip    localhost

2. Internal-Interface-ip    host-name

There are no other entries . How would the host file entries cause the redirection. Can you please elaborate.
Thanx.

Harper, Patrick wrote:

Have you checked the hosts file on the systems?

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
Information Security Engineer
patrick.harper () phns com