Snort mailing list archives

Stupid Question

From: "Bell, Josh" <josh.bell () guidancesoftware com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 20:05:48 -0700

When I run Snort manually (non-daemon mode), let it go for a while, then stop it, I get a nice summary screen telling
me (among other things) how many packets are being dropped.  I periodically stop Snort and run it manually for 10-15
minutes just to see this summary screen.  On a gigabit link, the packet loss is usually around 1-3%, but I've seen it
as high as 40%.

Is there any way to get this same information on the fly when Snort is running in daemon mode?  Possibly even how much
is being lost over time?

Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and thus protected from disclosure.
 If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.