Snort mailing list archives

Re: same problem as you

From: Snortty <cwcwcwg () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 06:19:30 -0700 (PDT)

Alain and All,

Since last time I failed - same of everything, I
haven’t tried, and haven’t seen any message about why
we can't do it.

Please, anyone, if you know why we can not upgrade to
2.1.1 from 2.0.6 snort on Solaris 8, do let us know,
even some intelligent guessing would help.

Thanks again
Snorty.

--- Alain Defrance <Alain.Defrance () univ-evry fr>
wrote:
hello, i've the same problem as you, have you find a
solution ?
thank a lot for reply

Hi, Dan and All,
It tried to install snort 2.1.1 on my Solaris 8, no
errors in the installing, but it won't run
afterwards.
Here what I did:
#/snort/# gzip -d -c snort-2.1.1.tar.gz |tar xvf -
#cd snort-2.1.1
#./configure
#make
#make install
No errors reported so far. But, when I tried to run
it:
#/snort/snort-2.1.1# snort -V
ld.so.1: snort: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No
such file or directory
Killed
Can you share some idea where might have gone wrong
please?
I have libpcre.so.0 under /usr/local/lib, and
/usr/local/bin, could it be a version issue?

Alain Defrance
Ing&#38298;ieur syst&#37981;es et r&#38303;eaux
Service Informatique
Universit?d'Evry Val d'Essonne

Alain.Defrance () univ-evry fr
01.69.47.80.69