Snort mailing list archives

Which version started support for PCRE?

From: Stef <mitiste () iit edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:38:47 -0500

I apologize for his trivial question, but I did not find an immediate answer for it: I have been trying to use some of the capabilities I have been reading about (based on PCRE) in my:

# snort -V

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.0.1 (Build 88)

but it fails at the PCRE ones:

Warning: /etc/snort/rules/scm-rules.rules(17) => Unknown keyword 'pcre' in rule!

TIA,
Stef