Snort mailing list archives

RE: a lot of Loopback traffic being logged.

From: "Fred Portnoy" <fportnoy () mail plymouth edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:42:51 -0400

We saw this too, and we were lucky enough, by sniffing upstream in the
network, to trace it back to one of our ResNet users. We shut off the
student's port and we told our ResNet folks to go clean up the machine. It
got cleaned up and turned back on. Sadly, I can't tell you more specifically
what the cause was.

-fp